YouTube as a career
Starting a Youtube channel is one of the simpliest way to make money online with little to no investment.
YouTube gets almost 5 billion views per day which proves its power on the internet.
If you love to create videos, like to talk in front of a camera, shoot documentaries or short films.
Making YouTube as a career might just be the perfect choice for you.
How much do Youtubers earn?
PewDiePie (most subscribed channel on YouTube), has earned 12 million dollars in 2015 by running a single YouTube channel.
Indian YouTuber Technical Guruji once stated in
his video that with his one month earning he could buy an alto car (priced over two lakhs).
Other Indian YouTubers like Nisha Madhulika, Bhuvan Bam and Shirley Setia are estimated to earn around five lakhs per month.
Here is a step by step guide to become a successful YouTuber
Ways to make money on YouTube
- Affiliate Marketing
- Working with brands
- Sponsored videos
- Merchandise websites
How to monetize your YouTube account
- Setup a channel and apply to join the YouTube Partner Program. Your channel must have a 10,000 lifetime
views before your application to join the YouTube partner program can be reviewed.
- Connect your YouTube channel to an Adsense account in order to earn money and get paid for your monetized videos.
Tips to become successful on YouTube
- Create a YouTube channel around a specific theme such as Humor, Tutorial, recipe, etc. Don’t just go out create any random unrelated vieos channel.
For e.g. If you love gadgets you can create a gadget reviews channel where you can post review videos of the latest gadgets and help people decide
to whether it’s a right choice for them. And add affiliate links of the gadgets you reviewed in your description.
- Keep adding new content/videos regularly (I would recommend once or twice a week)
- Do video responses to hot topics of the moment (and tag them). If you make videos that are related to news
or pop culture items that everyone’s talking about and looking up online, you’ll have a good chance of getting famous.
(Check Youtube’s trending page, Twitter’s trending topic and Google news)
- Give your best to engage with your audiences. Study comments people leave on your videos, learn the hidden expectations that your audience has from you.
- Try to find out what they like about your videos and what they don’t. Study which videos get the highest retention rate and find the reasons behind them.
- Experiment. Try something new everytime, experiments are the only way where you can find new and exiting stuff which can catapult you way ahead of your competitors.
- Ask people if they want to collaborate on a video with you. you can contact them through twitter or other social medias or even on YouTube itself.
- If you’ve got other websites or social accounts going, make sure you link them in your channel descriptions.
- Don’t give up quickly, most successful youtubers did not get famous overnight.
What does it take to become a YouTuber?
To become a youtuber you’ll need to be persistent because it can take a long time to build up a strong following and it will
also take lots of effort (and regular vlogging). You’ll need to be comfortable expressing your own unique personality. it will
also help if you have a positive attitude and a strong sense of community- you’ll be happy to collaborate with other YouTubers on videos
to help each other out, and you’ll be willing to engage with your subscribers.