Due to the growth of busy lifestyle and with the booming of MOOCs many people nowadays prefer the convenience of online coaching.
The growth of technology and the internet has made the experience of online coaching extremely realistic.
As a result, the demand for online tutors is growing fast. If you have an in depth knowledge in a particular field,
there are many Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) like Udemy, Coursera, Udacity and edx where you can register and
sell your video course.
Tips on how to become a successful tutor
To be a successful tutor in MOOCs you need to have an expertise in the particular subject you wish to teach (such as maths, science, computer programming and so on)
and the ability to express knowledge in easily understood form.
1. Pick a topic in which you are specialized in.
2. Study the courses relevant to your topic and see how many people are interested and have actually enrolled in the courses.
3. Study the other available courses and find out the things which you can offer that will make your course much better,
different than other available courses.
4. Identify your audience level and then create the course content.
For e.g. You need to decide first whether your course is for beginner level or an expert level audience.
5. Make sure your course title and description is optimized for appealing your target audience.
MOOCs get a lot of daily visitors, so there is a good chance that your course will get noticed and people will enroll in,
You can advertise your subject on different social networking sites. You can even start a small blog or facebook page
on your course- related topics and promote your course.